Friday, March 30, 2007

Black Friday


It would seem that older songs talk about clothes more than newer songs. I can remember two off the top of my head but neither mentions a black sportcoat. One mentions a white sportcoat (and a pink carnation). The other mentions black slacks. So much for trying to quote lyrics although the title is a portion of a Megadeth song title from their Peace Sells...But Who's Buying album. So yeah, the sportcoat is the black one.

The dress shirt is a broadcloth straight collar that might look gray in the picture. It's actually what "They" call an Ottoman stripe. The stripes are really tiny black stripes on white. Or maybe they're really tiny white stripes on black? There are bengal stripe dress shirts too. I wonder if there are Ottoman tigers.

The necktie is another Jos A. Bank Signature Collection that I got at a very deep discount. It may look solid in the picture but it's really got a very large herringbone pattern woven in. The base color is a deep red (burgundy?) with black in the recessed portion of the weave. Honestly, I could be really messing up some rules with regard to patterns or something but the conglomeration didn't cross my eyes for me when I looked in the mirror. The knot is, of course, four-in-hand. I think I could have gotten away with something more substantial this time though.

If you want to check out a really cool blog about really cool ties, head on over to Burl Veneer's Tie Blog. There's a story for every one of his ties. Pretty interesting blog and one of the reasons I started this blog.

Have a good weekend. I'll probably have something on Sunday that will include my new suit. I get to pick that up tonight after work.

No comments: